Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy World Communication's Day

There was plenty of food for thought at Mass this evening, the night of World Communication's Day (May 24, 2009)
I couldn't think of a more fitting time to begin this blog than on the day designated by the Vatican as World Communication's Day. (Co-incidentally, it's also the day on which the church celebrates the feast of Mary Help of Christians, as the Patron of Australia and when the World Council of Churches was established in 1948.)But it is the importance of communications, as a tool for evangelising and as a means of Mission, that really captures my attention. It also inspires me. So if you're reading this blog, it's because I would like you to share in my passion and join with me. Subscribe to this blog (there is a spot on the right-hand side of the page to do so) and let's work together to use modern technology to contribute to an age-old calling: "Go and make disciples of all nations", as the Gospel of today reminds us. As the guest preacher at St Rita's Catholic Church, Mike Jones, reminded us tonight, we each have a part to play in continuing Christ's Mission. He - through the Holy Spirit - works in, and through, each of us as to help us build the Kingdom of God, here on Earth. I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment